In general the following are the ways to use pop up windows:
- Pay per click advertisements
- Request subscription to a news letter
- Request survey from the visitors
- Banner exchanges
- Display help information
A help popup window could be opened when the visitor clicks on a 'help' link.
Advertisements usually pop up when you visit a web page or when you exit a page.
Based on the activation method, Popups are of the following types:
- Open when the user clicks on a link or a button.
- Open on entering a page
- Open on entering a page; but keep inactive
- Open on exiting a page
DHTML Floating Window - Windows XP Blue Style |
DHTML Window Widget - Empty Style |
AJAX Popup Control - MAC OS Style
HTML Popup Dialog - Vista Graphite Style